Engineering & Technology
Received: 16 Jan 2019 , Published: 22 January 2019
Views: 80 , Download: 40
|1||Zar Zar Aye|
This paper consists of design and optimization of micro (less than 1 KW) wind turbine blades at rated wind speed 8.4 m/s. SG6042 airfoil is selected as it gives maximum lift coefficient of 1.68. Simulation of blade length of 1.2m is done by using Q-blade software and optimized values of chord length and twist angle at each respective section are calculated by mat lab programming. Multiple parameter BEM simulation is done in Q-blade and graphs of Cp and power is plotted against tip speed ratio. While considering the rotor radius flange, hub and shaft radius is considered in it. Maximum value of power coefficient (Cp) at rated wind speed of 8.5 m/s is observed to be 0.51 in Q-blade simulation.
- REN21 GSR 2017.Retrieved from http://www.ren21.net/status-of-renewables/global-status report/.I.F.
- Maxwell. “Wind Energy explaine.
- Buka?a, Jakub & Damaziak, Krzysztof & Kroszczy?ski, Krzysztof & Krzeszowiec, Marcin &Malachowski, Jerzy. (2015). Investigation of parameters influencing the efficiency of small wind turbines. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. 146. 29-38.10.1016/j.jweia.2015.06.017.
- Clausen PD, Wood DH. Research and Development issues for small wind turbines. Renewable energy.
- Ronit K. Singh, M. Rafiuddin Ahmed, “Blade design and performance testing of a small wind turbine rotor for low wind speed applications”
- Shubham. Raut, Shubham Shrivas.’Design and Simulation of Small Wind Turbine Blade in Q-Blade’, IJSET, Vol 5, Issue IV, April 2017, ISSN: 2321-9653.
- Marten, David & Peukert, Juliane. (2013). QB lade Guidelines v0.6. 10.13140/RG.2.1.1527.4729.