Biology and Life Sciences
Received: 02 Aug 2018 , Published: 07 August 2018
Views: 147 , Download: 78
|1||Ritesh Kumar Tiwari|
The primary and foremost modes of transmission of bacterium are our hands. Hand hygiene is the single most important, simplest, and least expensive means of preventing nosocomial infections Proper Hand Washing is the most important means of preventing the spread of infection. Hence it brings us to the use of antiseptic for hand washing purposes. The present research was aimed to evaluate the anti- microbial efficacy of herb and plant material such as Mint (Mentha sp.) and Azadirachta indica by agar-plate diffusion method of these plant extracts that were obtained by soxhlet extraction. Also the research was carried out to formulate and evaluate the herbal hand wash liquid containing the above extracts. The anti-microbial activity of the formulated hand wash gel was tested against E. coli and S. aureus by Agar plate diffusion method. Thus this work suggests and supports the incorporation and utilization of herbs and traditional plant materials in the formulation to give better anti-microbial effect. Results revealed that Mint containing soap formulation was more efficient in reducing the number of organisms from hands thus it can be used as an antiseptic soap with less or no side effects.
- Larson E., Skin hygiene and infection prevention: More of the same or different approaches? Clin Infect Dis; 1999: 29, 1287- 1294. 10.
- Mondal S & Kolhapure SA., Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy and safety of pure hands herbal hand sanitizer in hand hygiene and on inanimate objects. The Antisep 2004; 101(2): 55-57.es and infections
- Mashood Ahmed Shah., Satheesh Babu Natarajan, Mohd. Gousuddin, Formulation, Evaluation and Antibacterial Efficiency of Herbal Hand Wash Gel Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 25(2), Mar – Apr 2014; Article No. 23, Pages: 120-124
- Nandkishor S. Wani1., Ashish K. Bhalerao., Vikram P. Ranaware., Rahul Zanje. Formulation And Evaluation Of Herbal Sanitizer International Journal of PharmTech Research CODEN (USA): IJPRIF ISSN : 0974-4304 Vol.5, No.1, pp 40-43
- Formulation And Evaluation Of Herbal Sanitizer Nandkishor S. Wani1*, Ashish K. Bhalerao1 , Vikram P. Ranaware1 , Rahul Zanje1 International Journal of PharmTech Research CODEN (USA): IJPRIF ISSN : 0974-4304 Vol.5, No.1, pp 40-43
- Chin-Tung Wu , Tsen-Fang Lin , Wei-Chao Lin , Yu-Chun Huang3 And Chao-Hsun Yang, Chemical Composition and Biological Properties of Essential Oils of Two Mint Species Mei-Lin Tsai1 , Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research August 2013; 12 (4): 577-582.
- Vinoth B., Phytochemical Analysis and Antibacterial Activity of Azadirachta indica a juss., International Journal of Research in Plant Science 2012; 2(3): 50-55.
- Kolhapure, Sunanda M et. al, Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy and safety of pure hands herbal hand herbal hand wash gel in hand hygiene and on inanimate objects. The Antiseptic, (2004); 101 (2): 55- 57.
- Satpathy B., Sahoo M., Formulation and evaluation of herbal gel containing essential oils of piper betle against skin infecting pathogens Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci., 2011,2(3),373-378.