Medicine, Health & Food
Received: 03 Mar 2019 , Published: 18 March 2019
Views: 61 , Download: 0
Sari Mulia Hospital is one of the private hospitals that has high incidence of nurses who moved out of work or out of hospital high enough in the last 3 years. The intention of a nurse to moving out of work is caused by many factors, such as the working period and compensation. The purpose of this research is to knowing and analyzing the influence of working period and compensation to the nurse’s intention for move out of work at Sari Mulia Hospital Banjarmasin. This research used analytic observational method with cross sectional approach. Sampling was collected by probability sampling with simple random sampling. The sample in this research about 54 people by using questionnaire as the instrument. Data were analyzed using Pearson correlation test and logistic regression test. It was found that most of respondents have tenure more than 3 years about 36 people (66.7%). Chi square test result between tenure and turnover intention obtained p-value = 0.336 with OR = 1.756. While the compensation significantly affect the turnover intention obtained p-value = 0.003 with OR = 5.667. The tenure was not significantly affect the turnover intentions. While the compensation has a significant effect on the turnover intention of nurses at Sari Mulia Hospital. It expected that the results of this study can be used as a reference for further research to examine other variables such as organizational commitment and working conditions.
1. Langitan, Rosamey Elleke. Factors affecting the Nursing Turnover of the Implementing Nursing at Bhakti Yudha Hospital Depok 2009. Thesis. Depok : Faculty of Nursing Universitas Indonesia; 2010.
2. As’ad, M. Islamic Psychology : Human Resource Series. Yogyakarta : Liberty; 2003.
3. Gillies, Dee Ann. Nursing Management : A System Approach Third Edition. Philadelphia : W.B. Saunders Campany; 1994.
4. Muthiah, A. The Influence of Job Stress, Organizational Climate, Compensation, Work Environment and Job Characteristic of Turnover Intention with Job Satisfaction as Intervening Variabl. Thesis, Universits Terbuka Jakarta; 2012.
5. Simamora, Henrry. Human Resource Management. STIE, Yogyakarta; 2006.
6. Ranupandojo, H., Suad Husnan. Personnel Management, Yogyakarta: BPFE; 2006.
7. Handoko, Hani. Personnel Management & Human Resources. Second Editions. Yogyakarta : BPFE UGM; 2010.
8. Hasibuan Malayu S.P. Human Resource Management. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara. 2011.
9. Robbins, S.P dan Judge, T.A. Organizational Behavior 1st & 2nd Edition. Jakarta: Prenhallindo; 2007.
10. Nursalam. Concepts and Principles of Nursing Research Methodology. Jakarta : Salemba Medika; 2003.
11. Sugiyono. Quantitative Research Methods, Qualitative and R & D. 19th Edition. Bandung: Alfabeta; 2013.
12. Najamuddin, M. Factors influencing Turnover Intention on the village midwife in Bulukumba District. Universitas Hasanuddin Makassar; 2013.
13. Desa, M., Rini, E., Syarifah. The Effect of Sociodemography and Job Characteristics on the Desire of Move Midwife In Serdang Berdagai District. Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan; 2008.
14. Yanita, P dan Masdupi, E. The Influence of Compensation, Organizational Commitment And Job Insecurity Against Intention To Turnover At Lecturer College of Natural Sciences Sakti Alam Kerinci (Stie Sak) Thesis; (2013).
15. Mobley, W. H. Employee turnover Cause and Effect. Jakarta: PPM dan Bisnis 2030; 2011.
16. Meyer dan Tett. (1993). Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, Turnover Intention and Turnover. Personnel Psychology; 1993.