Engineering & Technology
Received: 16 Dec 2018 , Published: 23 December 2018
Views: 29 , Download: 11
|1||Khin Mar Ko|
This paper refers to the design analysis of automotive radiator in engine cooling system. This analysis aims to design the more compact radiator that transfers the equivalent amount of heat of the existing radiator. Both LMTD (Log Mean Temperature Difference) and ε-NTU (effectiveness-Number of Transfer Units) methods are commonly used for design and thermal analysis of radiator. In this paper, the design analysis of automotive radiator is described by using ε-NTU method. The results obtained from the analysis are presented. Finally, calculated results with actual values have been compared. This calculation can be done using MATLAB software.
- Frank P. Incropera & David P. Dewitt, Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer. [endif]-->Edition.
- Ma Nilar Ko, “Cooling System for Mazda Jeep”, 2011.
- (2008) Designing a More Effective Car Radiator. [Online] Available:www.maplesoft.com/appsbriefs
- G.F.C. Rogers and Y.R. Mayhew, “Thermodynamics and Transport Properties of Fluids (SI Units)”, [endif]--> Edition.
- M.Dhanunjaiah, “Design & and Analysis of Radiator”. 10th International Conference on Recent Innovations in Science, Engineering Management, 7th July 2017
- P. S. Amrutkar, S. R. Patil, “Automotive Radiator Sizing and Rating – Simulation Approach”. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE)
- H.N. Gupta, Fundamentals of Internal Combustion Engines
- Radiator (engine cooling).[Online],https://www.en.m.wikipedia.org
- Density of Liquid Water. [Online], www.vaxasoftware.com
- Karim Nice, “How Car Cooling Systems Work”. [Online], https://auto.howstuffworks.com/cooling-system.htm