Engineering & Technology
Received: 13 May 2018 , Published: 19 May 2018
Views: 78 , Download: 47
|2||Prof. Mr. Amar Katkar|
Electrokinetics is a rapid & simple method applied for separation of metal ions from wastewater. Basically based on electrical potential along with anode and cathode. This method is generally applied in biotechnology and in medical field for checking out the protein and DNA. Now it can be applicable in Environmental Engineering field.
In the previous papers presented they have separated heavy metals like cobalt, gold, nickel, lead, iron, zinc etc. In Electrophoresis process metals are separated by using high voltage as 10 kV (kilo volts) to 30 KV. In the studies the metal extraction is done in acidic condition.
By Electrophoresis technique metal extraction is possible up to 95%, but this method is known as the Capillary Zone Electrophoresis. Various combinations of the time and voltage are applied in the available literature. Electrodes used for this study is having higher conductivity as silver and granite & so on.
1. Wolfgang Buchberger, Paul R. Haddad. (1994). “Seperation of Metallo - Cynide Complexes by Capillary Electrophoresis”Journal of Chromatography. A 687.343-349.
2. S .E .Elmofty“Use of Electrophoresis Technique to Study Removal of ToxicMetal Ions from Wastewater by Adsorption on Mineral Surface ".Journal of Water.
3. JinzhangGao, Xiangli Sun, Wu Yang, Haifeng Fan, Chongyang, Xuefeng Mao (2008).”Seperation of Six Metal Ions by Capillary Zone Electrophoresis”Journal. Chil. Chem. Soc. 53 resource Management 747.
4. HosseinSalimi-Moosavi, R.M. Cassidy (1996). “Control of Seperation Selectivity and Electroosmatic Flow in Nonaqueous Capillary Electrophoretic Seperations of Alkali and Akaline Earth Metal Ions.” Journal of Chromatography A .279-286.
5. Youchun Shi, James S. Fritz (1993). “Seperation of Metal Ions by Capillary Electrophoresis with a Complexing Electrolyte.” Journal of Chromatography, 640.(473-479).