Medicine, Health & Food
Received: 20 Jan 2020 , Published: 22 January 2020
Views: 24 , Download: 0
|1||Fahmi Irsan Nasution|
|2||Nadjib Dahlan Lubis|
Background : Most malignant epithelial tumors originating from the colon are adenocarcinomas, which account for >90% of all carcinoma colon. Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes (TILs) have been extensively studied and are associated with prognostic factors for several solid tumors. Research on TILs with Hematoxylin & Eosin staining for colon adenocarcinoma is rarely done until now.
Objective : To know the correlation between Intratumoral histological grading of adenocarcinoma colon.
Material and Methods : This is analytical research with a cross-sectional approach using the slide and the paraffin block from the patients diagnosed as adenocarcinoma colon stained with Hematoxylin&Eosin. The statistical analysis with the Spearman method is used to analyze the correlation of intratumoral TILs with histological grading of adenocarcinoma colon.
Results : Based on the statistical analysis with the Spearman method for 32 samples of the patients with adenocarcinoma colon to analyze the correlation of intratumoral TILs TILs with the histological grading show the p-value of p=0,006 (if p-value <0.05, the correlation was significant).
Conclusion : There is a significant relationship between Intratumoral Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes (Intratumoral TILs) and grading histology of adenocarcinoma colon.
Keywords : Adenocarcinoma colon, TILs, grading
- Hamilton RS, Bosman TF, Boffetta P, Iiyas M, Morreau H. Carcinoma of the colon and rectum. 2010. In: Bosman TF, Carneiro F, Hruban HR, Theise DN, eds. WHO Classification of tumours of the digestive system, 4th. IARC. Lyon; pp132-46
- Kumar V, Abbas AK, Fausto N, Aster JC. 2013. Oral Cavity and Gastrointestinal tract. Robbins Basic Pathology. 9th ed. Philladelpia; Elsevier Saunders. pp598-602
- Pantow PR, Waleleng JB, Sedli PB. 2017. Profil Adenocarcinoma Kolon di RSUP Prof Dr. R. D. Kandou dan Siloam Hospitals Periode Januari 2016-Juni 2017. Jurnal e-Clinic (eCl), Volume 5, Nomor 2; pp. 326-31
- American Cancer Society. Key Statistics for Colorectal Cancer. [cited 2019 feb 9] Available from:
- Benson BA, et al. 2017.Colon cancer, Version 1. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017;15(3);pp370–98
- Komite Penanggulangan Kanker Nasional. Pedoman Nasional Pelayanan Kedok-teran Kanker Kolorektal. Jakarta, 2014
- Jakubowska K, Kisielewski W, Ka?czuga-KL, Koda M, Famulski W. 2017. Stromal and intraepithelial tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in colorectal carcinoma. Oncol Lett. Dec; 14(6): pp6421–32
- Perez EA, Ballman KV, Tenner KS, Thompson EA, Badve SS, Bailey H,Baehner FL. 2016. Association of Stromal Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes With Recurrence-Free Survival in the N9831 Adjuvant Trial in Patients With Early-Stage HER2-Positive Breast Cancer. Jama Oncol. Jan 1; 2(1): pp56–64
- Matsutani S, Shibutani M, Maeda K, Nagahara H, Fukuola T, Iseki Y, et al. Verification of the methodology for evaluating tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2018 Mar 16; 9(20): pp15180–197
- Lee CT, Huang YC, Hung LY, Chow NH, Su Pei-fang, Ho Chung- Liang et al. Serrated adenocarcinoma morphology in colorectal mucinous adenocarcinoma is associated with improved patient survival. Oncotarget, 2017, Vol. 8, (No. 21), pp35165-75