Engineering & Technology
Received: 23 Mar 2018 , Published: 23 April 2018
Views: 738 , Download: 230
A stability of nanofluids makes an efficient heat transfer enhancement which is applicable in various area such as power generation, micro electronics, defense, space, electronic components cooling, nuclear, biomedicals and so on. The stability and durability of the nanofluids which concern the more thermal conductivity in most of the industrial applications. The preparation and stability of nanofluids are the two common kinds which is reports by this article. The two step method is use to prepare the nanofluids. The Al2o3 – Distilled water nanofluids with same concentration and different temperature are used in this experiment. Then the two step method is done by using the magnetic stirring and ultrasonic vibrations, the magnetic stirring time and ultra sonication time and temperature makes as efficient and good stability of the nanofluids. The stability of nanofluids is analysed by visual method.
- Kanjirakat Anoop, Jonathan Cox, Thermal evaluation of nanofluids in heat exchangers, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 49, pp.5-9, 2013.
- S.Harikrishnan & S.Kalaiselvam, Preparation and thermal characteristics of CuO-oleic acid nanofluids as a phase change material, Thermochimica Acta, 533, pp.46-55, 2012.
- Han Dong-Xiao, Research on preparation, characterization and properties of cupric oxide and cuprous oxide nanofluids, M.E.D. Dissertation, Qingdao: Qingdao Science and Technology University,2011.
- Guo Shou- Zhu, Research on preparation of magnetic nanofluids and performance of enhanced heat transfer, M.E.D. Dissertation, Shanghai: East China Normal University, 2010.
- Li Dong-Dong, Li Jin-Kai & Zhao Wei-Lin, The stability and thermal conductivity of SiO2-water nanofluids, Journal of Jinan University (Engineering Science), 24(3), pp. 247-250, 2010.
- Xuan Yi-Min & Li Qiang, Theory and application of nanofluids in energy transferring, Beijing: Science Press, pp. 3-5, 2009.
- Kim J.K., Jung J.Y., & Kang Y.T., Absorption performance enhancement by nano-particles and chemical surfactant sin binary nanofluids, International Journal of Refrigeration, 30, pp. 50-57, 2007.
- Ma Xue-Hu, Su Feng-min & Chen Jia-bin, Heat and mass transfer enhancement of the bubble absorption for a binary nanofluids, Journal of Mechancial Science and Technology, 21, pp.1813-1818, 2007.
- Peng Xiao-Fei, Yu Xiao-Li, Xia Li-Feng and Zhong Xun, The factors on suspension stability of nanofluids, Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science), 41(4), pp. 577-580, 2007.
- Hong K., Hong T.K. & Yang H.S. Thermal conductivity of Fe nanofluids depending on the cluster size of nanoparticles, Applied Physics Letters, 88(3), pp. 31901, 2006.
- Hwang Y.J., Ahn Y.C. & Shin H.S., Investigation on characteristics of thermal conductivity enhancement of nanofluids, Current Applied Physics, 6, pp. 1068-1071, 2006.