Received: 16 Jan 2019 , Published: 22 January 2019
Views: 115 , Download: 65
The use of technologies in all spheres of life by an individual irrespective of his/her status and settlement type has now become imperative in our societies; as technologies have become the features that support the teaching and learning as well as wide range of activities. Open source Information is a multi-channeled learning aspect (involving use of television, radio, cell-phone, internet, white board, computers e.t.c.) which is known to enrich educational experience and effect changes in information and knwoledge. As resources for information and communication are lacking in many tertiary institutions epsecially in Colleges of Education, Polytechnics and alike, providing and utilizing open sources (ICTs) is quite imperative. Training of academics in the use of ICT for teaching and learning is an essential component of successful information technology understanding across education sector which paves a way to the recent development in Education, Science and Technology.
Keywords: ICT, Teaching and Learning, Open Source, Education, Knowledge
- Barrons (2006) Banking Dictionary: Dictionary of Banking Terms, Longman Publishing
- Carmichael (2004). Free Open Source as Appropriate Technology for Global Education, McGraw Hill USA.
- Fabry & Higgs (1977). Information Communication Technology, Longman Publishing
- Gardler, H., Gardler, R.D. and Singh, L. (2016) The use of Open Source Information and Communication (ICT) in Education. http://www.alademia.edu/3265815/use of Open Source Information. pp. 2-11
- Gbenga, Aro (2005). Computer Application and use of ICT for Teaching and Learning, Paper Presentation at NCCE organized conference, Yola Nigeria.
- Johnson (2002). Assessing the Impact of Technology in Teaching and Learning, McGraw Hill USA.
- Perraton, (2001). Applying New Technologies and Cost Effective Delivery System in Basic Education - World Education Forum for All 2000.
- Steiner (2004). Draft Report: African Tertiary Institution Connectivity Study London.
- UNESCO (2003), Developing and using Indicators of ICT use in Education
- Wong (2004). Free Open Source Softward A General Introduction, Longman London
- ITAA - Information Technology Association of America McGraw Hill USA.
- Knowledge Maps (2005): ICT Tools Briefing Sheet