Engineering & Technology
Received: 16 Jan 2019 , Published: 22 January 2019
Views: 129 , Download: 54
|1||Aye Aye Pyone|
The flow around cylinder open the path for studying more complex shape bodies that still keep in their external flow properties the combinations of the flow properties of simpler bodies like flat plates, cylinders, ellipses. The aim of this study is to describe flow around cylinders with and without grooves based on numerical simulations. The two positions of groove were taken. The inlet flow properties are velocity of 10 m/s, density of 1.225 kg/m3, static pressure of 101325 Pa.
- M.M. Zdravkovich (Ed.), Flow around Circular Cylinders, vols. I and II, Oxford University Press, 2003.
- M. van Dyke, An Album of Fluid Motion, Parabolic Press, Stanford, 1982.
- O. Rodriguez, The circular cylinder in subsonic and transonic flow, AIAA J. 22 (1984) 1713–1718.
- I. Imai, Approximation Methods in Compressible Fluid Dynamics, University of Maryland, Institute for Fluid Dynamics and Applied Mathematics, 1957.
- M. van Dyke, Perturbation Methods in Fluid Dynamics, Parabolic Press, Stanford, 1975.
- T.J.R. Hughes, T.E. Tezduyar, Finite element methods for first-order hyperbolic systems with particular emphasis on the compressible Euler equations, Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg. 45 (1984) 217–284.
- N. Botta, The inviscid transonic flow about a cylinder, J. Fluid Mech. 301 (1995) 225–250.
- M. Pandolfi, F. Larocca, Transonic flow about a circular cylinder, Comput. Fluids 17 (1989) 205–220.
- M.D. Salas, Recent developments in transonic Euler flow over a circular cylinder, Math. Comput. Simulat. (25) (1983).
- E. Achenbach, “Experiments on the flow past spheres at very high Reynolds numbers,” J. Fluid Mech, vol. 54, pp. 565-575, 1972
- E. Achenbach, "The Effects of Surface Roughness and Tunnel Blockage on the Flow Past Spheres," J. Fluid Mech, vol. 65, Pt. 1, pp. 113-125, 1974
- P. W. Bearman and J. K. Harvey, “Control of Circular Cylinder Flow by the Use of Dimples,” AIAA Journal, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1753-1756, 1993.
- P. W. Bearman and J. K. Harvey, “Golf ball aerodynamics,” Aeronaut. Quarterly, vol. 27, pp. 112-122, 1976
- K. Aoki, K. Muto, H. Okanaga, and Y. Nakayama, “Aerodynamic characteristics and flow pattern on dimples structure of a sphere,” Presented at 10th International Conference on Fluid control, Measurements, and Visualization August 17-21, Moscow, 2009
- J. Choi, W. Jeon, and H. Choi, “Mechanism of drag reduction by dimples on a sphere,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 18, 2006
- K. Son, J. Choi, W. Jeon, and H. Choi, “Mechanism of drag reduction by a surface trip wire on a sphere,” J. Fluid Mechanics, vol. 672, pp. 411-427, 2011
- S. Jeon, J. Choi, W. Jeon, H. Choi, and J. Park, “Active control of flow over a sphere for drag reduction at a subcritical Reynolds number,” J. Fluid Mech, vol. 517, pp. 113-129, 2004.