Engineering & Technology
Received: 23 Mar 2018 , Published: 23 April 2018
Views: 108 , Download: 54
India is an emerging and developing country. Till now, there are many villages of rural areas have no access to the potable water. There are many ways available for water desalination. Solar energy is the renewable source of energy that can be obtained directly from the sun. It is widely available all over the world so, it has been selected for our work. Solar desalination is the future scope for water distillation. The aim of this work is to determine the efficient collecting surface for the conventional solar still. The conventional solar still was designed and fabricated successfully. The performance of the solar still is monitored by changing the shape and structure of the collecting surfaces. The finned and corrugated surfaces were selected for this analysis and they were also designed and fabricated as per the requirements.
- United Nation World Population Situation in 2014, Department of Economic and social affairs of the United Nations secretariat.
- Guy Howard et al (2003), Domestic water quantity service level and health, UK.
- Tenthani C. et al (2012).Improved Solar Still for Water Purification journal of Sustainable Energy and Environment.vol 3,pp111-113.
- McCluney WR, Solar Distillation of Water, Energy Note (1984) Florida Solar Energy Centre, Florida.
- Sweeney RE, Environmental Concerns (1977) Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc New York.
- Goldberg J, Energy Environment and Development (1996) Earth Scan Publications Ltd, London.
- Mehta. A. et al (2011). Design of Solar Distillation System, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol. 29, pp 68.
- Tiwari A, Tiwari GN, Effect of Water Depths on Heat and Mass Transfer in a Passive Solar Still: in Summer Climatic Condition. Elsevier, Desalination 195 (2005) 78-9.
- Ozuomba J. et al (2012), The Performance of a Solar Water Distillation Kit fabricated from Local materials, Research Journal of Chemical Sciences, Vol.2(3),64-67.